Oracle Cloud Quarterly Updates: An Essential Testing Guide
If you’re reading this Oracle Cloud testing guide, then chances are you’re struggling with Oracle Cloud quarterly updates, just like thousands of other Oracle customers. Since Oracle Cloud quarterly updates touch nearly every department of your enterprise, this guide is meant for both business and technical people who play any role in these quarterly updates.
Why should you care about Oracle Cloud quarterly update testing?
As more enterprises migrate to Oracle Cloud, they reap the benefits of Oracle’s quarterly updates. Changes that used to take months or even years to implement can now be pushed to Oracle customers in days-allowing organizations to take quick advantage of new features and functionalities.
Unfortunately, as the speed of change for Oracle customers has increased, business risk has increased, too. That’s because with each quarterly and ad-hoc update, old business processes are subject to breaking. When existing business processes break, teams cannot properly function and productivity declines sharply. And this drop in productivity is costly: according to Gartner, 1 hour of application downtime costs businesses $300,000.
With the importance of Oracle quarterly testing in mind, let’s consider some specific areas of concern for each type of employee in your organization:
- As a business owner, you should be considering:
- As a business user / manager, you should be considering:
- As a QA/ IT/ Oracle Cloud Application Manager, you should be considering:
How should you be addressing these concerns?
In short, you should be automating your Oracle quarterly update testing.
Manual testing of Oracle Cloud apps is not a reliable solution as it is time consuming, error-prone, and doesn’t guarantee 100% coverage. With an automated testing approach, the repetitive — but necessary — tasks in regression & UAT testing can be greatly streamlined and improved. Furthermore, test automation eliminates the “guess work” from test execution, ensuring business continuity post update with adequate coverage.
How automated testing addresses specific employee concerns:
- Oracle test automation significantly increases the speed of testing cycles by 80%, enabling you to make the most of your Oracle applications.
- By providing 100% test coverage, you’re guaranteed that your Oracle application will not experience downtime
- Testing costs are reduced by more than 50%, compared to manual testing.
- An Oracle test automation platform eliminates the need for employees to spend hours testing each quarter. This enables your employees to focus on tasks that really matter.
Business User/ Manager
- Oracle test automation enables business users to create and maintain test scripts without the help of technical resources.
- By greatly reducing test cycle times, test automation frees users from tedious work.
- Test automation streamlines your reporting processes, and ensures each test is document for compliance purposes.
QA/ IT/ Oracle Cloud Application Manager
- Pre-built test accelerators, built from a library of 5,000 Oracle tests, will save your team hours of time creating tests.
- AI-powered Impact assessment immediately shows you the impact of bug fixes, new features, and functionalities, on existing business processes.
- Test automation eliminates the issues posed by over-testing and under-testing. You’ll know that you’re testing exactly what you need to.
- Test automation reduces the burden of test script maintenance. Automated testing platforms like Opkey have self-healing capabilities that autonomously fix breakages to test scripts that occur with updates, without requiring human intervention.
Oracle test automation will not only keep you ahead in the game through continuous innovation, but also protect your business from risks that might occur from application downtime. Test automation directly solves issues that quarterly testing poses to all employees in your organization-both business and technical.
If you’re interested in learning more about why you should automate your Oracle testing, Feel free to check out this blog where we describe 7 key benefits of automation.
Originally published at https://www.opkey.com.